02 03 Caitlin Grace Wellbeing Coach: How to change the world 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

How to change the world

34
There are some days when I listen to the news or watch it on tv and I just shake my head at the utter pointlessness of it all. And then there are  the days when I get angry and rail at the sheer brutaliy of it all. Murders, rapes domestic violence, terroist attacks, poverty, recession and depression. Sometimes it all seems so overwhelming and I am only one person.

What can I do to change the world?

Where do I even start and is there any point?

Haven't we been doing this shit for years ans nothing has changed , in fact, it feels like it is all just getting worse and worse?

Maybe I should stop watching the news, shut down the internet and just retreat from the world? I read just such a comment on an article about Nigella Lawson on Mamamia today and it made me stop and think.

We all have times when we wish the world was s different place, that there was peace, an end to poverty and war and violence and well, the list goes on and on. Sure some of us start movements designed to help out or we particiapte in organisations. We raise money and send aide to poor countries. some of us sign petitions in order to get things changed.

These are all worthy things to do but so far they seem like putting a plaster on a raging, infectious wound.

Now I am not saying that we should stop doing any of those things and I am not saying that I have any answers BUT I do think it is time that we took a different look at things.

You see we are so focused on trying to fix what is out there when maybe what we need to fix is within us.

The questions we need to start asking ourselves are:

(1) How am I acting violently to myself?

(2) In what way am I feeding the beleif in lack and poverty in the world? Do I feel that if I take my share others will go without?

(3) How am I terrorizing myself?

Once you start the process of looking within yourself to see how you are perpetuating the beliefs you see manifested in the outside world you begin to realise that we are all in this together and that the greatest gift you can give to the world is yourself.

You, as the perfectly healed, loving version of yourself.

You, as the energetic match of the change that you want to see in the world.

You, living in truth and love and radiating that out into the world with compassion and gratitude.

Gandhi said we must be the change that we want to see in the world and the trouble is most of us have gotten busy with the doing. All the while believing that the world needs fixing. But it is not our job to fix the world. Rather it is our job to fix all the broken places in ourselves,

For most of us that task seems too daunting so we get busy fixing the world. We forget that we are human beings not human doings. The being part seems too complex, too in-your-face, so we get busy doing anything to distract ourselves from ourselves.

I will say it again; IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO FIX THE WORLD. 

Your only job is to fix all the broken places in yourself.

Thats it !

By healing ourselves, focusing on ourselves and our broken places we give others to do the same and THEN we have the love and compassion and wholeness to truly be of service to the world.

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38