02 03 Caitlin Grace Wellbeing Coach: How to fall in love with your partner madly, passionately, deeply 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

How to fall in love with your partner madly, passionately, deeply

34
Graphic by Karen Salmansohn
I am in the midst of a total love-fest with my honey at present and it has been like this for a few weeks now. It's hard to put my finger on when it actually started but now we are completely heart deep in amongst it so we are not complaining.

There are, however, certain things that we do on a regular basis to nurture and deepen our love for each other.

These are so ingrained in us that if one or the other accidentally forgets the whole day feels off somehow. To me these are the very fundamentals for any good relationship, whether it is with your significant other, your children ( when they are young and when they have left to start families of their own) or your friends.

"I love you"

Yup, just say it .

Every day.

 All day.

Anytime you feel it let it flow right out of your mouth and into the ears of those that need to hear it.

My husband never leaves the house without knowing that I love him and he does the same for me. You never know when it might be the last time you get to say it. Shit happens. so make sure those that you love KNOW that you love them.

Now some of you may be thinking : "They know I love them , I don't have to say it"

Yes, yes, you do!!

I grew up in a home where those words were never said and vowed that my own kids would not have the same experience. It is important so like the Nike ad says "Just do it"


Hug it out!

Once you have said "I love you" round it out with a great big hug


Humans crave touch, it is built right into our DNA. Many studies have been done on the importance of touch.
In fact in one case it literally brought a baby back to life
watch it here

When I first joined my husband's family hugging was not the norm. By this stage I had made it a habit to hug family and friends whenever they arrived or left so I included his parents into the mix.

At first they were a bit uncomfortable but they soon got used to it and even began to look forward to it.

Now they are both 85 and they look forward to their hugs and regularly tell me how much they love me too, much to my husband's  surprise.

Express Gratitude

Every day tell your darling how grateful that you are for something that they have done for you.  a bonus benefit of this is they will start to do more - without you even having to ask!!! True story!

My darling regularly empties the rubbish bin and takes it outside ( now I just need him to replace the liner in the bin - we are getting closer, he does it 8 out of ten times now).

He also loads and unloads the dishwasher, makes me cups of tea and picks in the laundry if it looks like rain - no nagging required.

Why?

Because I have made it a habit to tell him how thankful I am for all the little things he does for me. He knows how much I appreciate and value how he shows up in my life and he does the same for me. Every night he tells me what a great meal I have made for him.

Every. Night.

Regardless  if it is macaroni cheese or roast lamb with all the trimmings. Doesn't matter. as far as he is concerned I am the best cook in the world.

Listen

One of the things that I absolutely adore about my husband is the way in which he gives me his complete attention whenever I am talking.

He makes eye contact and really listens.


Now he may be just going " Blah, blah, blah " in his head but I'm pretty sure he isn't. He is interested in what I have to say.

I have to admit I have not always been great at doing the same for him but I am making much more of an effort now that I see how much of his attention he gives me when I talk ( attention whore that I am)

Start practicing these four things and watch how your relationship transforms.

Then come and tell me about it on my Facebook page

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38