02 03 Caitlin Grace Wellbeing Coach: What to do when you are having a crap day 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What to do when you are having a crap day

34
Is today over yet?
Let's face it some days we wake up all bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to face the day head on.

And then there are the days where you just want to pull the blankets over your head and wait for the day to pass.

Or maybe you woke up all full of the joys of life only to get stuck in traffic, spill coffee on your white blouse and have the computer simply decide to not behave just as you are finishing up a big project.

That last one was me the other day. Everything had been going swimmingly. I was ticking things off my "to do" list  ( and patting myself on the back for such excellent work. I work at home so if I don't do it nobody else will) and then I ran into a brick wall.

I needed to make a video for the awesome ladies that had signed up for the 7 Day Self Love Immersion ( don't worry if you missed it I'll be running it again soon - make sure to sign up to my newsletter to find out when) and as I hadn't used my webcam in a while I couldn't figure out how to use - more importantly it looked like in my overzealous decluttering of my desktop I had ditched the software.

No problem - onto Google, down load it problem solved.

Six takes later and the video is done. Now I can't upload it to Facebook. No that didn't work. No that didn't either, or that, or that. And then, Aha! Load it into Dropbox all sorted.

But that all took three hours and now my shoulders were all sorts of tense and hubby  came home looking for dinner and my happy vibe had long since left the building.

So what's a girl to do to switch out of crappy mood mode back to her happy place?





Here's my top 4 tips to switch from crappy to happy:

(1) Eat something.

Often part of the reason that we are in a foul mood is because we are hungry. The term "hangry" was invented for this very reason - when hunger switches to anger. And when I say eat something  I don't just mean grab the nearest candy bar although that is tempting. By this stage of the game what you need is something sustaining. It also gives you a good excuse to take a break and refresh yourself.

(2) Drink something.

And no, I don't mean an alcoholic beverage or an energy drink or a coffee. None of these will actually stop the dehydration that has kicked in while you have been busily working your fingers to the bone. What your body is craving at this point is some decent hydration. This is where the miracle elixir of coconut water comes in - hydrating, boosting the electrolytes and it tastes goooooood! Even plain old water is good. My favorite is water with a squeeze of lemon - delicious.

(3) Get some fresh air

Spending some time outside will instantly revive you. Air conditioning, fluorescent lights and too much EMF's from all our computer technology saps your energy. Steeping outside and having a few deep breaths helps us to feel more alive.
In fact just breathing deeply will help shift your mood. Most of us breathe too shallowly and so we get starved of oxygen. So pause, right now, and take three nice deep breaths. Doesn't that feel better already?

(4) Have a bath

I love bath time! In fact sometimes bath time is the highlight of my day. I think I am making up for all those times I didn't want a bath when I was a kid. Seriously? What was I thinking?

There is nothing nicer than slipping into a nice warm bath to feel all the stresses of the day just melting away. You can add bubbles for a touch of luxury. Or candles and essential oils or, and this is my personal favorite, Epsom salts to ease all those muscle aches and pains. Bliss!

BONUS TIP :

Do something nice for someone else.

Smile at the lady at the checkout and tell her what a good job she's doing. Pay for someone else's parking.  Hold the door open for the person behind you. Let someone cut in front in traffic. Walk around all day with a smile on your face. Leave a post it note on the restroom mirror saying "You look beautiful today"

Studies have shown that doing random acts of kindness not only boost the mood of the giver and the receiver but also of anyone who witnesses it

Sign up NOW to find out when the next 7 Day Self Love Immersion is starting.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38