02 03 Caitlin Grace Wellbeing Coach: When I grow up I want to be..... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

When I grow up I want to be.....

34
I love books. Always have, always will.

I was never happier than when I was getting lost in a good story. In fact, I resented having to stop reading to do things like eat lunch. Books were my safe haven, my escape from the world so the first thing I wanted to be when I grew up was a librarian.

Think of it, surrounded by books all day , everyday. Walls and walls of stories to lose yourself in. In fact when I was at Intermediate school the first class I was in was adjoined to the library and my teacher was also the librarian.

 I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I worked in there in my lunch-breaks, uncatalogued and filing books. I learned the Dewey decimal system and would happily flip through the cards to discover the right number for the topic I was researching. Total Bliss!

I was already a voracious reader and this love has never left me.

Then I moved on to high school and I turned my attention to wanting to be a lawyer or a journalist. My sister, meanwhile, had been given a typewriter as she was learning typing and shorthand. I was soooo jealous and I think that was my first longing to be a writer.

I had no idea how to type or even what I would type. I just knew I wanted to type. Not that I told anyone. I did, however, do some writing for the school newspaper.

But I wasn't happy at home and was looking for a way out and it showed up in the form of a job at the telecommunications office and then I met my (first) husband at the ripe old age of 17, left home at 18 and the rest is history.

It may have taken me a long time to find my voice as a writer but I am so glad that I never gave up on my love of books, my thirst for knowledge and my desire to help others. All of that has culminated in my first book "The Goddess Guide to Sex, Love and Life."  Go check it out.

I don't think we ever fully "grow up", we are always growing and exploring new facets of ourselves and finding ways to be more authentically ourselves on a daily basis. Writing is one of the ways that I can peel back all the layers of my life and discover who I am and what makes me tick. Looking back at when I was a child the me I am now was visible even back then, just waiting for me to pay attention to the signs . Or it could just be that I am a late bloomer and a slow learner. either way I am happy that I have finally found my bliss.


To find out what else I am up to Sign up to my FREE monthly newsletter.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38