02 03 Caitlin Grace Wellbeing Coach: The world will be saved by western woman 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The world will be saved by western woman

34
 So said the Dalai Lama in 2009.


 And yet here we are in 2016 with stories of Taylor Swift and Kim Kardashian getting into a twitter spat over whether Taylor did or did not know that Kanye West would be calling her a bitch in his song "Famous" ( which, fyi, I have not listened to and do not intend to).

Or we have this delightful woman taking a naked photo of another unsuspecting gym user and posting it on her snapchat

What I would like to know is when all this "sisterhood", women nurturing and supporting other women is going to kick in?

 I have hope, I truly do.

I see awesome support in various women only Facebook groups I belong to ( Shout out to Natasha Corbin's Heart Centred Soul Driven group and Melissa Sandon's Soul Leaders group to name just two!).

I talk with awesome women on my podcast who are doing great work in the world and helping other women to shine in their lives and relationships.

And then I see stories of women mocking someone else because of their size or I read the comments on some posts that people make where the women are often the harshest critics and I despair.

For some reason women feel like they have to put other women down in order to build themselves up. I get it. I used to be like that when I was in my twenties and then I had kids and I realised that actually youth fades, quickly and there is a lot more that goes into making a woman beautiful and very little of it has to do with her looks.

But we are still so quick to judge another by their looks; whether it's a politician or a movie star or worse a movie star that has felt so much pressure to look a certain way that she has succumbed to plastic surgery or  judging another actress for not aging well .

Let's all just decide that people are allowed to look the way they want to and instead focus on fixing the world because, I don't know if you've noticed, but the world has really let itself go lately and could do with a serious makeover so let's fix that first okay?

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38