02 03 Caitlin Grace Wellbeing Coach: Breaking down, Breaking through 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Breaking down, Breaking through

34
I've been reading  "Women who run with the wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes and last night I read the chapter about the Ugly Duckling and how it never really fit in anywhere and how this is the epitome of the Wild Women.

I was nodding so vigorously my head nearly fell off because that was me.

All through my child hood I felt like I didn't fit in.

When I was in my teens I was convinced that I must have been adopted even though I looked exactly like my brothers and sisters and was often mistaken as a twin of one of my sisters.

I just felt alien, other, different, wrong.

I also couldn't stand my name - or any variations of it. So I tried on different names and settled on my initials for a time.

I thought things would get better when I left home. They didn't.

My mother in law had distinct ideas of how and who I should be and try as I might I wasn't that
either.
Want to read more? Click here
35 36 37 38